Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kitchen Makeover #4

OK, let's talk paint. I got the High Hiding Primer for the cabinets. The guy in the store said that if I did not use a primer, I could be painting multiple coats. He said that red is a funny color to use. He suggested the grey primer so that the color of the red would come through in the true shade that I wanted.
He showed me this demonstration of the red on top of the primer.
The red is called Radiant Red

I used a Satin finish.

This is what the red would have looked like without a primer underneath. If you look closey you can see the writing through the paint on the label. Notice the red is a lot lighter without the primer underneath.

The cabinet is primed. The first slash of red coming through!



The shelves were also painted red.

The doors primed and painted.

I distressed the doors to make them look aged. The hardward is original.

Close up of the distressed doors.

Work in progress!

Cabinet with white dishes.

Stay Tuned for the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment